Tamara Marie is a language coach and the founder of Spanish con Salsa, a site and podcast that help you learn Spanish through through music, travel, and cultural immersion.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Why high school Spanish probably won’t prepare you for traveling to a Spanish speaking country.
- Why music and dance are such powerful tools in language learning.
- Why “Spanish is not Spanish” and why you should focus on learning the sounds and vocabulary of a specific Spanish dialect based on your goals and travel plans.
- Why you shouldn’t consider languages “easy” or “difficult”
- Why one size never fits all when learning a language.
- Why you need to beware of “false phonetic friends” when learning Spanish.
- Tamara’s tips for learning languages through songs.