If you will visiting or moving to China, you would do yourself—and those you meet—a big favor by memorizing the ten tips in this infographic from Learn Mandarin Now:
- Learn at least a little Mandarin.
- Avoid fake taxis.
- Prepare yourself to use squatty potties.
- Avoid taboo topics: politics, Tibet, Taiwan, human rights, and Internet censorship.
- Learn to bargain (the national sport!)
- Cash is king.
- Don’t refer to elderly individuals by their name.
- Never stick chopsticks in your rice bowl.
- The number 4 is bad luck.
- Avoid bad luck gifts like clocks, white wrapping, and green hats.
Read on to learn more about each.