If you are learning Mandarin Chinese, check out this video interview Olly Richards from I Will Teach You a Language recorded with me. Olly is a great interviewer and even went to the trouble of getting a complete transcript made of the interview (available for free on his site here).
- My journey to learn Mandarin Chinese.
- The ways in which Mandarin is actually an easy language.
- How to learn Chinese characters the way Will Smith would.
- How to best learn tones.
- The myth that you need to move to China or Taiwan to learn Mandarin.
- Differences between the Mandarin spoken in Mainland China and Taiwan.
- The importance of chéngyǔ (成語, “idioms”), which are usually 4 characters in Chinese.
- My top 3 resources for learning Mandarin Chinese.
- More about what my Master Mandarin guide is and how it can help beginning and intermediate learners.