- My journey to learn Mandarin Chinese.
- The ways in which Mandarin is actually an easy language.
- How to learn Chinese characters the way Will Smith would.
- How to best learn tones.
- The myth that you need to move to China or Taiwan to learn Mandarin.
- Differences between the Mandarin spoken in Mainland China and Taiwan.
- The importance of chéngyǔ (成語, “idioms”), which are usually 4 characters in Chinese.
- My top 3 resources for learning Mandarin Chinese.
- More about what my Master Mandarin guide is and how it can help beginning and intermediate learners.
If you are learning Mandarin Chinese, check out this video interview Olly Richards from I Will Teach You a Language recorded with me. Olly is a great interviewer and even went to the trouble of getting a complete transcript made of the interview (available for free on his site here).